Sunday, April 29, 2012

Alive and Well

This is going to be a slightly different post today. A reflection and remembrance more than anything. It's one of those God moments! His grace and mercy are so great! My last post was about my immediate family. There is another family member I would like for you all to meet. She is in heaven with her Creator and she is more whole now than she EVER was in life! Her name- Diana.

My mom grew up with three older brothers and two older sisters. Her oldest sister, Diana, ended up becoming sort of the black sheep of the family. The majority of her adult life was spent between living on the streets and finding shelter from people who only wanted money from her. She didn't make the best decisions. She did drugs, drank and smoked. She lived her life without a sense of purpose.

A few years ago, she finally cleaned her life up- at least a little more. She began reconnecting with my gramma and mom until three summers ago when she came to spend a week with us. This was the first time I remember meeting her. I didn't really know what to expect.

During that week, I saw so much joy inside of her, in spite of all that she had been through and was still facing. She made me laugh and I truly enjoyed spending time with her. I was able to share some of my poetry with her and I know it was a blessing not only to myself, but to her as well.

I remember her telling me multiple times in just that few days that she could tell that Andy and I were soul mates. He and I had only been dating for a MONTH! She said she could tell we loved each other, even though neither of us had even said that yet.

After her visit with us, I talked to her every once in a while. When I told her Andy and I were engaged, over a year later, she was so excited! She was planning to come to our wedding, but it would have meant her not having a place to live. She even bought a dress and everything, which she later told me she wore to church all the time. I told her if it meant her not having a place to live, I didn't want her to come. I would have loved for her to be there, but her safety and shelter were more important! Little did we know we wouldn't have another chance to see her again.

My birthday was in late October, and for my birthday, Diana sent me a card with three poems she had written for me. She knew how much I love creating and reading poetry. I have to say it is one of the best birthday presents I have ever recieved!

Just a couple weeks later, this past November (2011), my mom got a phone call that my Aunt Diana had gone into a coma. The doctor said it didn't look promising at all. My mom got online and booked a flight to California to see her sister one last time. My gramma was at my other aunt's house in Texas at the time, and she met my mom in CA. It was up to my mom to make the decision to pull the plug. To let her big sister go. This was a difficult process for both my mom and gramma. They were able to say goodbye one last time.
Taken just a couple days before she slipped into a coma. She was going to send it to my mom and gramma. This is the last picture we have of Diana.


My mom spent her time at the hospital reading my aunt's favorite scripture over and over Diana, praying over her and singing worship songs. Science may say that when in a coma, people are not aware of what's going on around them, but I believe that she knew my mom and gramma were there- praying over her and praising God. I believe in her heart- she was doing the same.

Just a few short days later, she passed away. Her body still and gone, but her spirit more alive than ever! There is no doubt in me that she is in Heaven this instant singing with the angels- ever praising her Creator!

I will leave you with the three poems she gave me for my birthday. There is no doubt in my mind from the words she wrote that she is in Heaven today! She didn't know it, but just a month after writing these, she would see the beauty and peace she wrote about. Enjoy, as I have enjoyed them!

#1
I stood on a mountain high
To look up in the shy
Talking to God through Jesus
Telling Him what a wonderful world he has created
Th trees, birds, butterflies and all of nature
But one creation I truly love is the people
The Christian warmth
And their loving ways
You can't beat it
You know them on the streets
By their smiles and sparkling eyes
You know Jesus is near
And you smile back without a word
Telling them how you understand
That there is no greater love
Than God through Jesus

#2
There was a man named Jesus
Who was tortured and beaten
He was a true believer
In his Father God
He never stopped believing
Even in the end
For he knew he had great wealth on the other side
Where there was peace and harmony
All around in this spiritual place
One like no other
Where the wild animals
And man come in harmony with one another
And this was called Paradise
It's full of beauty
Everywhere you look
That your heart is overjoyed
You are free of evil things
That can cause despair
So stay with the one who truly loves you
Who will show you the way
Of all great things
That you deserve

#3
God on high
Looking down on us
To see what we are doing
Believing in the Lord
Who is good
Or the devil
Who is evil
Go the right path
And you will see
All the beauty in the world
Go the wrong path
And all you see
Is the dark side of the devil
Eternal light is what I want
And happiness
So that the Lord is with me
The evil and devil will keep you
Down in love and spirits
So please stay with the Lord
For righteousness, lovingness and kindness

No comments:

Post a Comment