Friday, February 28, 2014

Fervent Friday - The Kiss

This week's Fervent Friday post is a poem I wrote right around five years ago. I had been going through a creative dry spell and God laid these words on my heart about the truth of Christ's love for us. I hope it blesses you as it has me these past few years.

(Again, I'd love for this to be interactive. Comments, creative responses, and the like are welcome, encouraged, and appreciated.)


The Kiss
By: Sarah A. Newkirk

You received the kiss of death
Yet You freely give the kiss of life,
With righteousness and peace,
That we may know Your glory and life,
That we may glory in You.
You were born
That You may die,
To give us life!
How could I ever repay You,
Oh, Lord?
How could I ever come close
To being like You?
It took the kiss of death
To give us life and breath
In You!


Isn't it wonderful that the story doesn't end there? Christ took death upon Himself for us, but He broke the bonds of sin in us when He rose from the grave and defeated Satan. We can truly live in the freedom Christ gave us when He willingly took our place and overcame even death itself! We can now be more alive in Christ than we could ever be on our own.

-Go sing God's love song to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment